Friday 1 June 2012

Cocktail Hour


It’s Friday and time to kick up our heels!
I may not have the book reviews up by I can certainly share a couple of my cocktail pairings.

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness -  My choice cocktail is a Chambord Champagne cocktail.
The book has a very large French influence as does this drink. It’s a perfect blend of smooth, sweet, and surprises. Every sip is magic and if it hits the right way, fireworks!



The Siren by Tiffany Reisz – My Choice cocktail is a Spicy Jalapeno Mary.
The main character is infamous for only wearing red in public, hence a red drink. While the book, like this drink is not my “cup of tea” there are those that will keep coming back to it. The spiciness stings your tongue into submission like a whip. And then there’s the alcohol, the booze, reminding us that there is always a reason we do something, however much it hurts, be it love or getting drunk



Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment